As the responsible data controller Coloplast (Coloplast A/S, Holtedam 1, 3050 Humlebaek, Denmark) is required to obtain your consent to collect and process the personal information you provide when you participate in the trial of the CathNow App and when you use the CathNow App to personalize your settings in the app and improve its offerings. The purpose of this declaration is to give you information on what you are consenting to and how Coloplast is handling of your information.
How will my information be handled?
- The information Coloplast may collect from you (“your information”) includes:
□ The following information collected via the app: your activity in the app, your profile information (gender, location, wheelchair usage, time using intermittent catheters), your wellbeing on a scale from 1-10 (how you are feeling etc.), personal voiding schedule, logged voiding history (voiding time & frequency per day, urine colour & cloudiness, urinary tract infection symptoms, volume of urine voided), personal goals, and
□ The following information collected via survey questionnaires: gender, age, country of residence, for US residents: if you are insured and if so which insurance, if you are a wheelchair user and if so how often you use your wheelchair, hand dexterity, to what extent you feel limited in your daily activities, if you feel in control of your day, urinary tract problems and causes and length of such problems, how long you have been using intermittent catheters, which methods you use in addition to intermittent catheters, if you catheterize yourself, which catheters you use, which accessories you use, if you re-use catheters, if you consider it easy to do your intermittent catheter routine, if you have had urinary tract infections recently, where you seek information about intermittent catheters, how often you visit your general practitioner, how often you visit specialist nurses and if they set personal goals in relation to intermittent catheter use, if your intermittent catheter routine has become easier after you started using the app, if you have experienced urinary tract infections after you started using the app, if the app has helped you overcome obstacles, if setting personal goals have made it easier for you to manage life as a user of intermittent catheters, if you feel a greater level of control as intermittent catheter user after you started using the app, if you have been in contact with your general practitioner within the last 30 days, of you are satisfied with the personal content in the app, what you think about the app, if you would recommend the app to others.
- Coloplast will only handle your information in accordance with your consent, which forms the legal basis for Coloplast’s processing, cf. article 9(2)(a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Your consent will be valid for 3 years, unless you withdraw the consent before expiry of the period. Coloplast may ask for your consent again before expiry. Your information will be deleted automatically if your consent is not renewed before expiry.
- Coloplast will protect your information in accordance with best industry practices, and will only share your information with the Coloplast subsidiary in your country of residence in order to process your information for the outlined purposes. For USA: Coloplast Corp., 1601 West River Road N., Minneapolis, MN, 55411, USA. For Great Britain: Coloplast Limited, Nene Hall, Peterborough Business Park, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE2 6FX, Great Britain. Your information collected via the app will be stored in EU on the Firebase platform (hosted by Google), and your information collected via the survey questionnaires will be stored in USA on the Eloqua platform (hosted by Oracle). Data stored in USA is safeguarded by Oracle that is bound by the EU Commissions standard contractual clauses. Your information will be accessed by Coloplast’s employees on a need-to-know basis for the purposes you agree to (see below).
- Coloplast will use your profile information (gender, location, wheelchair usage, time using intermittent catheters) and the goals you select. Based on your profile information the app will filter the information that is made accessible for you in the app (e.g. to only show information relevant for your age group, or for wheelchair users, or for persons that are experienced in using intermittent catheters). Based on the goals you select the filtered information you will see will be prioritized in the app to ensure that you get easy access to the most relevant information first. Coloplast will not make any individual decisions that may affect you or have legal effects for you based on the classification.
What are my rights?
You may contact Coloplast at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with a request for:
- Access to your data;
- Rectification or deletion of your data;
- Restrictions upon Coloplast in the processing of your data or object to the processing;
- Receiving your data in a machine readable format (data portability); and
- Withdrawal of your consent
Your exercise of any of the rights listed above will not have negative implications for you. Please visit www.coloplast.com/global/privacy-notice for more information on how Coloplast is handling personal information.
Where you have questions or queries regarding Coloplast’s handling of personal information, please contact Coloplast’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Complaints related to Coloplast’s handling of your personal information may similarly be sent to the Data Protection Officer, and you are also entitled to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. As Coloplast is established in Denmark you may always file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency (www.datatilsynet.dk).
How can I contact Coloplast
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org